- Drivers under 18 are required to successfully complete the Traffic Law and Substance Abuse Education (TLSAE) course and Class E general knowledge exam.
- Drivers 18 and over must complete the Class E general knowledge exam in person.
- Please review fees and what to bring and requirements before arriving for your appointment.
Road test appointments - IMPORTANT
Click here to schedule an appointment for a road test.
Learner's permit appointments
View available appointments
This appointment is not for a road test. To schedule an appointment for a road test, please click here.
Requirements for a Florida learner’s permit
All items listed below are required.
- Must be at least 15 years old
- If under 18 years old, must have a signed/notarized Parental Consent Form (Step-parents may not sign unless they have legally adopted the minor child.)
- Proof of Traffic Law and Substance Abuse Education (TLSAE) course completion
- Pass a vision test. Testing is part of the application process in our branches
- Pass Class E Knowledge Exam
- Must provide documents needed to establish proof of identity, proof of social security number and proof of residential address
Visit FLHSMV for additional information
State fees effective September 1, 2009
What to bring
Real ID compliant requirements