Road tests are available:
- Monday through Friday at the South Daytona branch
- One Saturday a month at the South Daytona and Deltona branches.
Before scheduling an appointment, please review fees, what to bring, and the specific insurance and vehicle requirements.
View available appointments
Please check back if no available appointments are displayed.
Road testers must bring a licensed driver 21 years or older.
The vehicle used for the Class E Driving Skills Test must have a valid registration, proof of insurance and pass a basic vehicle inspection (conducted by the driver license examiner to determine that it is safe for a driving exam).
The Class E Driving Skills Test will not be given if the examiner finds:
- Defective or inoperable horn, rear-view mirror, directional signals, steering wheel, brakes, tires, brake lights or tail lights.
- No windshield wipers on the driver’s side.
- No operable headlights.
- Cracked or broken glass that hinders visibility.
- Expired tag.
- The vehicle does not have doors.
- Front doors do not open from the inside and outside.
- Vehicle does not have stationary seats.
- Vehicle does not permit driver to give hand signals when required.
- Jeep-type vehicles without framed canvas or metal doors held by hinges and door latch.
- Does not meet bumper height requirements.
- A low-speed vehicle, which are vehicles with top speeds of 20 to 25 miles per hour.
No other passengers are permitted during the exam, unless a language interpreter is necessary.
State fees effective September 1, 2009
What to bring
What is REAL ID?